Social media is flooded with stickers. Facebook introduced them to its Messenger app first, and the trend took off. As the most popular platform, TikTok features stickers.
Many people want to know how to customize TikTok stickers. Here’s how you can do it.
Table of Contents
How to Add Stickers to Your TikTok Videos
In TikTok, you can easily add any of the app’s built-in stickers, but it’s harder to add your own custom creations. You’ll need to use a workaround if you want to add stickers that you’ve created. We’ve researched those workarounds for you!
Use a Third-Party App
You can customize your TikTok video by using a third-party application like InShot. You can add stickers, music, text, and more to your content with this app.
It can be created in the TikTok app and downloaded, or you can film it and upload it to InShot, add your custom stickers, and upload it to TikTok. They both work the same way.
Here’s what you need to do for this workaround:
- Open the InShot application with your prepared video.
- Choose your video by tapping ‘Video’ within the app.
- To upload your video, click the teal checkmark in the lower right corner.
- Put the sticker where you want it using the sliders.
- Click the sticker icon at the bottom.
- Using the + button, you can access your phone’s memory (where your custom sticker is stored).
- You’ll see your phone’s image folders if you click ‘Recent’ at the bottom. Choose your custom sticker from the one where it is saved.
- Once your sticker is added, click the ‘Save’ option in the upper right-hand corner. Decide where you want to save the file.
You can now open TikTok and click on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen once your video has been saved. Choose your video and follow the usual publishing process by clicking ‘Upload.’
It may seem like a lot of work, but it’s an effective way to add custom stickers to TikTok videos. Keep reading if this doesn’t sound like the best method for you. There are other options available to us.
Make Stickers with Giphy
A partnership between TikTok and Giphy was announced recently. Unfortunately, the partnership does not allow everyone to make custom stickers for TikTok. The stickers were only given to a select number of popular TikTokers, including Benoftheweek, Gabe, and DreaKnowbest.
The feature will certainly become more accessible in the future, but for now, Giphy is cherry-picking the people who get to make custom stickers. To apply for your artist or brand channel, visit the official Giphy website.
Sign into Giphy’s website and meet their requirements. I don’t want to discourage you, but it’s unlikely that anyone will be able to get their TikTok stickers this way.
The collaboration between Giphy and TikTok seems promising. Let’s see what comes of it, and how many new stickers TikTok gets.
Add Stickers to TikTok Using Built-In Options
In the meantime, you can always add regular TikTok stickers to your TikTok videos until the Giphy and TikTok collaboration expands. The latest TikTok update for Android and iOS devices has an important sticker update you’ll love.
Your TikTok stickers can now be pinned to an object in your TikTok video. All you have to do is select where it will stay and how long it will stay. To add stickers to your TikTok videos, follow these steps:
- Install the TikTok app on your phone or tablet.
- Start recording by clicking the plus icon.
- Make a TikTok video as you normally would.
- Next, click.
- Choose Stickers from the menu. Choose from a variety of colorful options. If you don’t like some stickers, you can easily remove them (just hit X next to the one you want to remove).
- You can now move and resize your stickers in the video.
- If you want to change the duration of the sticker in your clip, tap the sticker timer button.
- Next, choose Post, and then tap Done.
Make Real TikTok Stickers
The TikTok sticker option is still not available in the app, so we cannot make your own stickers. Who knows, TikTok might add it in the future. If you want to make TikTok stickers until then, there is one way to do it.
These can be printed yourself, taken off products, or purchased at a store. TikTok stickers can be purchased online, but they can be expensive.
Alternatively, you can pretend to be in an arts and crafts class. You will need packaging tape, wax (or parchment) paper, and scissors. Printed stickers will also be needed.
Here’s how to make TikTok stickers. Your custom sticker must first be designed, drawn, and printed before you can proceed. Then:
- On parchment paper, place some tape.
- Remove the white space from your printed sticker, so you only have the sticker.
- The sticker should be placed on top of the tape.
- Place more tape over the sticker
- Cut out your parchment paper sticker.
Add Your Sticker to TikTok
TikTok does not allow users to upload custom stickers. As an alternative, you can upload one as a photo background. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Near the bottom of the screen, tap the record button (plus icon).
- Create a regular TikTok video.
- The Effect option should be selected.
- To change the background, choose Upload Your Image.
- Prepare a picture of your sticker for this step.
- Your custom sticker will appear in the background of your TikTok video. Once you have finished editing the video, post it.
TikTok and Custom-Made Stickers
It is still not possible for users to upload and use their own stickers on TikTok. It is hoped that this will change soon, so keep an eye out for updates.
What are your favorite TikTok stickers? Comment below to let us know what you think.