How to get log stakes in animal crossing? Animal Crossing: New Horizons is filled with log stakes, but you won’t find any on your island. You have to go looking for them, though, because log stakes are craftable.
You’ll receive the DIY recipe for log stakes automatically. Once you’re ready to construct the first bridge on your island, all you’ll need to do is craft your log stakes at a workbench or inside Resident Services.
Table of Contents
How to Make Log Stakes in Animal Crossing
Three pieces of normal wood are required to craft log stakes. It is likely that you already have some wood in your inventory. However, if you’ve run out, whack a tree a few times with a flimsy axe, and you’ll be ready to start crafting.
- Go to a workbench after you’ve collected at least three pieces of normal wood. You can use the bench at Resident Services if you don’t have one at home.
- Navigate to the Housewares tab in the workbench crafting menu, and then select Log stakes.
- Log stakes require three logs to craft. If you have wood, select the Craft option. You can press the button as many times as you need to craft as many log stakes as you need.
Using Log Stakes in Animal Crossing
What can you do with log stakes once you have mastered the art of acquiring them? Not much, but what you use them for is important: building your first bridge.
- Constructing a Bridge With Log Stakes: As you progress, Tom Nook will contact you about constructing three more houses on your island. In order to build new homes on the rest of your island, you’ll need to construct your first bridge. Tom will give you a Bridge Construction Kit to do this, which will require four log stakes, four clay, and four stones.
- Building More Bridges in the Future: After you complete your Bridge Construction Kit and do a few projects for Tom Nook, eventually your Resident Services tent will be renovated and become a Resident Services building. At this point, you can talk to Tom Nook about building infrastructure, such as bridges, on your island. More bridges beyond your first bridge won’t require crafting, but will cost bells.
- Log Stakes for Island Decoration: Beyond bridge construction, log stakes can be used for island decoration. They can be crafted and placed around your island. When you unlock the ability to customize DIY items, log stakes can be customized to come in different varieties beyond the default Dark Wood look, like Orange Wood, White Wood, and White Birch.